Big Huge Games is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join the QA Engineering team developing automation tests and QA tools/utilities to help ensure our projects meet and exceed our high quality bar. We're looking for candidates that possess a strong technical background who can combine engineering and quality assurance practices. A passion for games and game development is a must.
Please note, this position does not involve web, web front-end, or web app automation. This is an onsite position in the vicinity of Baltimore, MD, no remote or 'telecommuting' option is available.
* All applicant submissions must include a cover letter containing an overview on how you think automation could be used to more effectively and efficiently test your favorite game.
- Design, develop, debug, and update automated functionality tests for DomiNations
- Work with QA Testers to develop tools, commands, and utilities that increase the efficiency of the manual QA process
- Work with the design and engineering teams to plan, develop, and debug tools and automation tests for new features and content
- Assist QA Testers with changelist review, crash handling, and white-box testing
- Assist QA Testers with builds and build deployment
- Work with engineering team to develop unit tests
- Strong C# knowledge
- Solid understanding of Quality Assurance practices and methodologies relating to standalone applications
- Ability to design and write test cases for complex features/systems and develop automation frameworks around them
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle
- Ability to quickly understand existing code and enhance/extend existing architecture
- Ability to quickly evaluate and learn various development SDK's, tools, and utilities
- Source control system knowledge and usage (Git, Perforce, etc.)
- Outstanding team, communication, and interpersonal skills
- A strong passion for gaming and game development is an absolute must
- Familiar with iOS and Android games and apps
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Mobile game development experience
- Unity3D engine development experience
- Previous quality assurance testing experience