Big Huge Games is looking for a Marketing Director to set strategy, planning, execution, and coordination related to the marketing of our current and upcoming mobile game titles. We strive to build a strong, positive culture where team skills are valued as much as technical skills. We’re looking for candidates with experience supporting a high-quality product, using sustainable development practices and a continuous improvement mindset.
The ideal candidate will have experience in product marketing strategies and activities related to mobile free-to-play games and processes. They will also be experienced in developing a cohesive marketing and communications strategy across all channels/touch-points, and partner with cross-functional teams to manage day-to-day execution and evaluation of marketing plans.
- Define and drive the marketing strategies for BHG’s mobile games, working with the functional teams in publishing creative services, performance marketing, community, analytics, product management, and user acquisition
- Work closely with game team leadership to coordinate marketing needs and requirements with game development roadmap and delivery timelines
- Work with the marketing team to identify emerging outlets, methods and best practices for marketing our titles and acquiring users.
- Author briefs for external agencies for marketing campaigns related to new game launches and ongoing live service releases
- Identify, select and manage external creative agencies and manage the delivery and effectiveness of their work to maximize ROI on marketing campaigns
- Build positive and effective relationships with platform partners, helping ensure high visibility featuring for BHG games
- Create briefs that provide game specific brand direction to the studio, community, and marketing team to maintain consistency within each game title.
- Providing frequent reports and analysis of the game and business performance to various internal stakeholders
- Provide day to day management oversight of marketing team members
- Conduct market research as necessary
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Communications or similar experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience in mobile game product marketing, consumer marketing, gaming, social media, ecommerce, or digital products
- Proven track record of developing effective marketing strategies backed up by insightful market and player analysis
- Experience tracking KPIs across multiple games, with an understanding of how to interpret information and devise a solid set of appropriate actions
- Experience working with agencies to manage budgets, hitting ROI goals, and moving quickly to address market changes
- Affinity for and deep knowledge of mobile games
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This a full-time (40hr/week) position onsite at our studio in Timonium, MD. No telecommuting or remote work options are available.
Applicants should download DomiNations on iOS or Android and be prepared to discuss the game.