Big Huge Games is looking for a Lead Data Analyst. In this position, you will be a key member of the product and analytics team, working with cross functional leads in the studio, providing the game development teams the data and insights to help us achieve continued success and ensure that we offer the best possible experience to our players.
- Analyze large, complex data sets representing the behavior of our games’ players
- Develop the framework, models, tools, and processes that will enable data-driven decisions in our live service games
- Provide recommendations based on game data to influence game economies, feature development, and product roadmaps.
- Working with Product Management and Design, identify ways to improve the player experience and create enhanced revenue generation in the live service
- Deliver regular and ad-hoc reports to studio management as necessary
- Coordinate and Manage Analytics Teams across all projects that have a data presence
- Understand timeline/roadmap of the product team(s) and how analytics folds into that roadmap
- Assist in keeping team members appropriately tasked and understands team time constraints
- Motivate, support and mentor other members of the Data Analytics Team and help them meet their career growth goals
- BA/MSc in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field; Masters desirable
- 10+ years experience with querying large complex data sets with SQL on relational databases
- Prior management experience including lead roles managing and mentoring an Analytics Team
- R experience and familiarity with column store databases a plus
- Proven track record as an analyst, preferably within gaming, mobile, web, or online economy industries
- Experience working in large data sets
- Experience in defining highly complex requirements, with a focus on providing actionable and understandable results
- High level of proficiency in data visualization tools such as Tableau, Excel, or equivalent
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Track record of success working in fast-paced environments with some shifting priorities
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities both independently and with others
- Strong self-motivation and initiative
- Passion for problem-solving from generating insightful questions to research through presentation of results and follow on steps
- Excellent team, motivational and interpersonal skills a must
- Experience with staffing and team building
About Big Huge Games:
Big Huge Games is a small, passionate team led by experienced game development veterans, proudly located just north of Baltimore, MD, who are excited about the rise of touchscreen platforms. We believe in hiring talented team members who enjoy working in a fun and positive environment.
The company was founded in March of 2013 by Brian Reynolds (Civilization II, Rise of Nations, FrontierVille) and a group of longtime collaborators. Big Huge Games is dedicated to "Finding The Fun" through rapid prototyping and a focus on great user experience.
In July 2015 we launched our first game, DomiNations, which was awarded “Editors Choice” in the app store and continues to be successful with audiences across the globe. In 2016 we were acquired by our publisher, Nexon, and now operate as a wholly-owned subsidiary, allowing us the stability of a larger studio but the feel of a smaller, indie game team.
Our goals are simple: Make great games, strive to always be improving, and live up to the motto you gotta have fun to make fun.
This a full-time position onsite at our studio in Timonium, MD.
Due to the circumstances surrounding COVID19 positions will begin remote before transitioning to onsite.
Applicants should download DomiNations on iOS or Android and be prepared to discuss the game.