Big Huge Games is looking for a Lead Data Analyst. In this position, you will be a key member of the product and analytics team, working with cross-functional leads in the studio, providing the game development teams the data and insights to help us achieve continued success and ensure that we offer the best possible experience to our players.
- Analyze large, complex data sets representing the behavior of our games’ players.
- Develop the framework, models, tools, and processes that will enable data-driven decisions in our live service games.
- Provide recommendations based on game data to influence game economies, feature development, and product roadmaps.
- Working with Product Management and Design, identify ways to improve the player experience and create enhanced revenue generation in the live service.
- Deliver regular and ad-hoc reports to studio management as necessary.
- Motivate, support and coach other members of the data analytics team and help them meet their career growth goals.
- Proven track record as an analyst, preferably within gaming, mobile, web, or online economy industries.
- Advanced SQL skills, and comfort working in large data sets. R experience and familiarity with column store databases a plus.
- High level of proficiency in data visualization tools such as Tableau, Excel, or equivalent
- Passion for problem-solving from generating insightful questions to research through presentation of results and follow on steps
- Track record of success working in fast-paced environments with some shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities both independently and with others.
- Experience in defining highly complex requirements, with a focus on providing actionable and understandable results.
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Prior management experience a plus.
- BA/MSc in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field; Masters desirable.
This a full-time (40hr/week) position onsite at our studio in Timonium, MD. No telecommuting or remote work options are available.
Applicants should download DomiNations on iOS or Android and be prepared to discuss the game.