Big Huge Games is looking for a talented web tools engineer to join our accomplished game development team. You will be part of a highly skilled and innovative group that is responsible for creating world class mobile games and related technologies, focusing on web-based tools. We’re looking for candidates who combine strong programming skills with the ability to work well with others. Your input and technical abilities will help contribute to our long-term development and direction.
The Web Tools Engineer will join our Central Tech group to build tools and pipelines which empower our teams to deliver industry-leading games. You will be working across all disciplines to identify bottlenecks, inefficiencies and manual processes that can be automated, improved or streamlined. Once potential improvements have been identified, you will also be responsible for architecting and implementing tool-based solutions. Finally, after deploying and delivering tools, you will continue to iterate with users on our teams to maintain and improve those tools and workflows over time. This is an important and challenging role where you have the opportunity to make a large impact across our studio and product portfolio!
- Design, implement, deploy and maintain tools that empower content, development, product, QA and ops teams to work better, faster and with less possibility of errors.
- Capture and synthesize requirements from multiple teams across different disciplines (Design, Art, QA, Product, Engineering) on what tools are required.
- Be a ‘customer’ focused champion for efficient tool-based content creation, live ops and dev ops.
- Hold regular stakeholder meetings to gather feedback on your tools and make changes as required.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong oral and written communications with excellent team and interpersonal skills. You must be able to collaborate with team members (both technical and non-technical) at all levels across all disciplines.
- Knowledge and desire for understanding how to build large-scale, high-performance, maintainable software. Ability to architect systems from scratch.
- Ability to work in a non-traditional web development role, focusing on strong and responsive UX.
- Experience with server side and game development languages and engines (Unity, C#, .NET Core, Java, Redis, Memcached).
- Ability to understand, evaluate and utilize a wide variety of different technologies when architecting tools solutions. Focus on horizontal application of multiple technologies over a deep vertical slice approach.
- Basic understanding of performance implications of caching, networking, storage, and concurrency.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Software engineering skills, including the ability to write maintainable and robust code.
- Experience developing in and supporting all stages of the development lifecycle.
- Familiarity with games and development, especially mobile and free to play.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering track.
Located in Baltimore, Maryland, the team at Big Huge Games is heir to a rich tradition of quality game development stretching back more than two decades.
Our goals are simple: make great games, have a great place to come to work every day, and live up to the motto “you gotta have fun to make fun.” Potential applicants should check out DomiNations on iOS or Android.