Big Huge Games is looking for an experienced Build and Release Engineer to work with our accomplished game development and tools teams. You will be part of a highly skilled and innovative group that is working to develop, test and deploy world class mobile games and related technologies. We’re looking for candidates who are self-driven and combine strong engineering skills with the ability to work well with others.
You will be working closely with the Engineering group, as well as collaborating with other disciplines including Art, Design, Production, and QA. Your work will involve developing and improving our build and deploy systems across all teams and environments. We want engineers that live and breathe tech yet can still operate and communicate effectively in a highly interactive environment.
- Develop, maintain, optimize, and document all builds using Team City; adding continuous integration, and unit tests. This applies to all game team and central tech team projects.
- Help define best practices for source control, continuous integration, automated testing and release management.
- Automate, track all merges across all projects (engineers would take care of merge conflicts).
- Handle all final builds to be deployed for release. Document and automate associated processes.
- Develop, maintain, and optimize the tracking of current live modules for DomiNations and future live games.
- Improve live deployment system for DomiNations and upcoming games. Work with publisher to install on their end.
- Help in the pre-testing of builds using future OS updates. Test builds on upcoming iOS/Android/Facebook Gameroom platforms.
- Maintain all build server machines, environments and scripts.
- Handle the generation of build artifacts (such as links to daily build packages) for all builds.
- Work with devs on providing bench marking reports for all builds, which track performance metrics over time such as memory usage, frame rate data, object count, etc.
- Work with Test (SDET) Engineering to go beyond unit testing and enable nightly automated smoke testing of builds, and report results.
- Create tools for internal use to support software engineering best practice
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Expert source control system and branching knowledge, including Git and GitFlow.
- Expertise with scripting languages and build tools, such as bash, powershell, batch, python, perl, MAVEN.
- Experience with related build technologies include package management (npm, NuGet) and binary repositories (Artifactory).
- Extensive Knowledge of different OS, including Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, iOS.
- Knowledge of Unity and mobile development / packaging / deployment.
- Experience with various IDEs and development environments such as Visual Studio, XCode and IntelliJ.
- Implementation Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery processes using various tools like TeamCity, Jenkins/Bamboo, Github, Jira.
- Experience with AWS.
- Familiarity and understanding of C#, .NET, Java, C++.
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think quickly and logically to systematically resolve software and hardware related build issues (by analyzing logs, working with other engineers, etc)
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- Ability to take direction and catch on quickly.
- Initiative and self-motivation is important. Must be able to work in a self-directed capacity with the goal of reviewing the current system and proposing tasks and improvements.
Located in Baltimore, Maryland, the team at Big Huge Games is heir to a rich tradition of quality game development stretching back more than two decades.
Our goals are simple: make great games, have a great place to come to work every day, and live up to the motto “you gotta have fun to make fun.” Potential applicants should check out DomiNations on iOS or Android.
This a full-time (40hr/week) contract position onsite at our studio in Timonium, MD. No telecommuting or remote work options are available.